The MFA network commences in November its commemoration of Migrants Campaign Month (MCM), an annual process that particularly highlights migrants’ rights issues and universal ratification of international human rights and labor rights instruments. MCM is now in its thirteenth year.
The MCM covers the following international commemorations:
- 25 November – 10 December: 16 Days of Activism to Combat Violence against Women
- 1 December: International HIV / AIDS Day
- 3 December: International Day for the Abolition of Slavery
- 10 December: International Human Rights Day
- 18 December: International Migrants’ Day
The MFA network chose to encompass the above international days of remembrance to give emphasis on the connection of migration to the overall discourse of rights and justice. The network has for decades underscores that migration is not an isolated issue but is linked with various dimensions of human rights, peoples’ struggles and humanity. Reports of previous MCM activities can be found in our fourth quarter newsletters.
MFA members and partners are gearing up their advocacy activities for Migrants Campaign Month at the grassroots, national and regional levels. We will keep you posted on these activities and encourage you to take part and draw attention to migrants rights advocacy in Asia and beyond.